Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ready to Give Running a Try? Here's How


Share/Save/Bookmark
clipped from www.usnews.com

Whew! I spent so much time sorting through the comments on yesterday's post about the three myths (and one truth!) about running that I missed my own scheduled evening run. Some of the people who responded had questions about how to start or maintain a new running routine. For the basics, I consulted the expert: John "the Penguin" Bingham, who writes a column for Runner's World magazine that is aimed at middle- and back-of-the-pack runners. (He also answers questions in his blog.)

For more: I talked with John a few years ago when I wrote about overcoming the excuses we all have for not exercising. And earlier this year, I wrote about how to figure out if you're just sore or actually injured, as well as why you may not lose weight when you start an exercise routine.

 blog it

No comments:

Post a Comment