Sunday, August 31, 2008

Stasia and Bob: The Bobby D Burger


Share/Save/Bookmark
I am a little late with this one but here goes.

People always tell me that I make delicious burgers. When people ask me how I do it I usually say the trick is not to wash you hands beforehand. Now that is a joke but you should see the look on their face.

Here are my main tips.

Buy both lean and the really cheap burger meat with lots of fat. Go 80 percent lean, 20 percent fat (70/30 is ok).

When you form your burger don't press the meat together hard. Just form it and leave the air in.

Mix together some Worcestershire sauce and ketchup.

For cheese burgers cut the burger in half and put a piece of cheese in the middle (this is prior to cooking). Trust me, you will like this.

Just prior to cooking, paint a little of the Worcestershire/ketchup on the burger. Go light on this.

Burgers cook best on medium heat. If you cook em hard on your grill the outside gets scorched but the middle never comes out just right. Patient cooking equals excellent burger.

Never, never, never press on your burger while cooking. You might see the fat squish out but you are now creating the famous "hockey puck" burger. Most of the fat will cook off by itself.

I like bacon and cheese with my burger. This brings out the taste. A nice thick slice of tomato and some lettuce really give you an excellent burger. Forget the mustard, this is not a hot dog.

Good luck. I hope you get the rave reviews like I do. And, don't forget to tell the joke and catch the look on their face.

No comments:

Post a Comment